Tuesday, April 1, 2014

One Last Request | Open Letter

So, it has been three months now and I haven't watched a movie in theatre. I go for Aankhon Dekhi, a low profile, low advertised movie from Rajat Kapoor, who is known for making off-track movies. I liked it. The reason was not that my childhood friend was debuting in the movie but because it was really a good movie. A warm movie, with no hi-fi foolish action, no cars flying without any reason, no stupid humor. A simple movie with a funny script that doesn't make me crazy laughing, but does bring chuckles throughout its course of 2 hours, along with a few emotional moments. It was nothing extraordinary but impressed me a lot.
 
An hour after leaving the theatre, I had come back to normal. Yes, I was excited to see my friend on the silver screen! But after coming out of that celebration, I was surprised to see how a simple film had overwhelmed me in such vast amount, and I was wondering why!?
 
Few cut to cut moments, and I had everything clear in my head. The reason behind my liking was very simple and straightforward, and that was the degrading quality of Bollywood. The last movie which I had watched was Dhoom-3, and I believe it to be a big blunder. The scars were deep, and took away all my strength to watch a Bollywood movie in a theatre.
 
I am not saying I did not have any good movie at all in the time between, I remember Queen, and... and... Sorry but no other! Thanks to the Johar camp, Rohit Shetty, Salman and the Yashraj group, now movies are just a mean of business, for them to make money and for us to give away ours. Movies are being released just to live for two weekends, earn a few crores (most of the times over 100s) and then fade away. Nobody is bothered to make a mark on us with their good work!
 
I am still wishing for the audience to wake up and stop taking nonsense any more in the name of entertainment. Films like Queen, Madras Cafe, just to name a few, should be promoted. We just need to convey to the filmmakers that our hard-earned money should not get wasted on meaningless hours in theatres. We should be treated well for the money that we spend on them.
 
Thanks to a bunch of good filmmakers, Bollywood is still alive, and I hope it does. Cheers to you guys.
 
-True feelings from a sad Bollywood fan.
 
Written By: Rishabh Shukla

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU, POST COMMENTS TO TELL US WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THIS ARTICLE,

Finding it difficult to post comments ??
type your comment in white box below and under "Comment as" Drop down list, either:

1. select "Anonymous"
OR
2. If you are logged into Google account, select your Google account from the drop-down list